Appliances for retro kitchen
Retro design does not imply rejection of modern household appliances and other civilization benefits. However, all these achievements of progress should naturally fit the interior without compromising the overall idea of the style. Such compromise is achieved in two main ways:
- hiding of the fridge, dishwasher and other gadgets behind the decorative raised panels, which do not require significant financial costs;
- acquisition of stylized home appliances, which are characterized by solidity and heaviness, streamlined shape and smooth lines, bright colors and long handles-staples.
Certainly, these "home helpers" are very expensive, and not every manufacturer offers such products. However, if the wallet allows, you would better choose this variant, which adds special style to the retro-kitchen interior. You can search for interesting models of retro refrigerators in the collections of such companies as Ardo, Gorenje, Smeg, Rosenlew, Bosch; cooktops, ovens and hoods with the veil of antiquity are produced by brands Elikor, ILVE, Korting and abovementioned Smeg.
In any case, do not forget about the design elements. Curtains and tablecloths, wall clocks and kitchen utensils, decorative plates and tins for grains and spices, vases and figurines – all these cute little things, which were carefully selected in accordance with the spirit of an era, will add a retro kitchen awesome and absolutely incomparable charm!
Retro-kitchen – top-4 of the Board of Decorators
- The main source of inspiration for retro interior in the kitchen or dining room is minimally restored old furniture. Do not hurry to throw away the table and chairs, which stood in the attic for many years. They possess special energy and will help to create truly unique and original interior. That is why they enjoy the special love of the most talented and creative decorators.
- The best decor and accessories for retro-kitchen are the things from “grandmother's trunk”. Old engravings, yellowed black and white photographs, tin boxes from the fruit candy drops, not to mention cups and saucers in the finest porcelain and other cute little things could look good next to neutral kitchen furniture in modern style.
- It is important to avoid affectation and redundancy, while picking up details and accents for retro-kitchen. Old things must evoke strong positive emotions and create a feeling of absolute comfort. If you did not find suitable pieces for your kitchen or dining room among the family relics, decorators suggest walking around flea markets or thrift stores. Sometimes you can find real treasures there.
- In order to give your kitchen the retro charm, you do not have to use just old and authentic things. Interior will look much more interesting with a slight retro flair, subtle allusions to the kitchen with the history that create small but very expressive details.